Eric Bibb | The Acoustic Guitar Podcast
“I feel drawn to using my ability, talent, and platform to fill in some gaps that I feel are being hewn into the historical record… We have to do more than just tap our feet.”
We Zoomed from California to Sweden to talk with the great guitarist, singer, and songwriter Eric Bibb. Tune in for captivating stories and insights about his musical upbringing, the limits of being known as a blues player, and the role music plays in uniting and shaping the world today.
Support the show:
- Listen to Part 2 on Patreon, where Bibb demos guitars from his collection – including the 12-string he played for the King of Sweden and BB King. Plus, Bibb shares what he looks (and listens) for at guitar shops.
- Make a donation on PayPal
- Give a rating and review
- Visit Eric Bibb’s website.
- Listen to Dear America.
- Learn to play guitar like Eric Bibb.
- Watch his Acoustic Guitar Sessions video.
- Read Blair Jackson’s review of Global Griot.
The Acoustic Guitar Podcast is produced by the team at Acoustic Guitar magazine, including:
- Publisher: Lyzy Lusterman
- Editor: Adam Perlmutter
- Managing Editor: Kevin Owens
- Senior Editor: Blair Jackson
- Creative Director: Joey Lusterman
- Digital Content Director: Stephanie Campos Dal Broi
- Digital Content Manager: Nick Grizzle
- Marketing Services Manager: Tanya Gonzalez
The Acoustic Guitar Podcast theme music is composed by Adam Perlmutter and performed for this episode by Eric Bibb.
This episode is hosted by Nick Grizzle and Elton Bradman, produced by Tanya Gonzalez, and directed and edited by Joey Lusterman. Executive producers are Lyzy Lusterman and Stephanie Campos Dal Broi.
Photograph of Eric Bibb courtesy of Michael Wall.
Special thanks to our listeners who support the show on Patreon.