In this guitar lesson you'll learn economy picking, which includes alternate and sweep picking styles, as well as legato techniques for your fretting fingers.
New York-based, seven-string guitarist Ron Jackson has performed and recorded in over 30 countries. He’s played and toured with artists such as Taj Majal, Jimmy McGriff, and Oliver Lake. Influenced by George Benson and Pat Metheny, Ron has studied with Pat Martino, Barry Harris, and the late seven-string master Bucky Pizzarelli. Albums include: Guitar Thing (91) and recently the Jazzweek 2019 Top 100 album, Standards And Other Songs.
Favorite Album: The Incredible Jazz Guitar of Wes Montgomery
Favorite Song to Play on Guitar: “This Nearly Was Mine”
Favorite Guitar You Own or Dream Guitar: Benedetto Cremona
- Standards and Other Songs (Roni Music 6077) NYC 2019
- Akustik Invent Yours (Roni Music 6635) NYC 2014
- Flubby Dubby (Roni Music) NYC 2011
- Song For Luis; Rufus Reid and Ron Jackson (Mastermix Ltd.) London 1996
- A Guitar Thing (Muse Records) NYC 1991
Articles by Ron Jackson