Tommy Emmanuel is a Certified Guitar Player, an honorific bestowed on him by fingerstyle legend Chet Atkins. Emmanuel has recorded over 35 albums, sells out venues across the globe, and is renowned for his virtuosic solo guitar skills. We explore his approach to writing and arranging; collaborating with fellow musicians; and what makes a great guitarist. (Hint: it’s not being an acoustic purist or mastering every bit of music theory.) We hope this conversation inspires you to pick up your guitar and let the music flow through you!
Support the show:
- Listen to Part Two, our bonus episode, on Patreon. You’ll learn all about Tommy’s guitars and gear, how he chooses who to tour and record with, and more.
- Make a donation on PayPal
- Tommy Emmanuel’s website
- Listen to Accomplice One and Best of Tommysongs
- Lessons with Tommy Emmanuel on Truefire
- A step-by-step breakdown of his guitar styles and techniques
- Info about his next in-person guitar camp
- ‘Guitar Boogie’: Watch Tommy Emmanuel Shred on this Acoustic Classic
The Acoustic Guitar Podcast is produced by the team at Acoustic Guitar magazine, including:
- Publisher: Lyzy Lusterman
- Editor: Adam Perlmutter
- Managing Editor: Kevin Owens
- Senior Editor: Blair Jackson
- Creative Director: Joey Lusterman
- Digital Content Director: Stephanie Campos dal Broi
- Digital Content Manager: Nick Grizzle
- Marketing Services Manager: Tanya Gonzalez
The Acoustic Guitar Podcast theme music is composed by Adam Perlmutter and performed for this episode by Tommy Emmanuel.
The show is hosted by Nick Grizzle, produced by Tanya Gonzalez, and directed and edited by Joey Lusterman.
New podcast episodes drop on the last Wednesday of every month. Stream episodes directly on our site by going to AcousticGuitar.com/podcast. Or, find us on Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, or whichever app you use to get your podcasts (be sure to subscribe! And, if you’d be so kind, leave a rating and review to help other people find the show.) Patreon supporters get a bonus episode each month.