In our first episode, we share stories of first guitars. Tune in for renowned musicians Eric Bibb, Bruce Cockburn, Courtney Hartman, Richard Thompson, Badi Assad, Sharon Isbin, and Tommy Emmanuel; heartwarming, inspiring, and surprising tales from the community; plus previously unheard recordings of Doc Watson and Michael Hedges. Find out who volunteered to study music out of a sense of family duty, who had his first guitar smashed, and who’s still playing theirs today.
We’ll be releasing a new podcast episode on the last Wednesday of every month from here on out. You’ll be able to stream episodes directly on our site by going to AcousticGuitar.com/podcast. Or, find us on Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, or whichever app you use to get your podcasts (be sure to subscribe! And, if you’d be so kind, leave a rating and review to help other people find the show.)
Support the show:
- Listen to Part Two, our bonus episode, on Patreon. You’ll hear more fascinating guitar stories, including Dick Boak demonstrating the first instrument he ever built, long before his storied career with C.F. Martin & Co began.
- Make a donation on PayPal
- Learn more about the artists who shared their stories in this episode:
- If you want to keep your first (or second, third, or 30th!) guitar in top playing condition, check out the Acoustic Guitar Owner’s Manual and Acoustic Guitar Care & Maintenance guides.
The Acoustic Guitar Podcast is produced by the team at Acoustic Guitar magazine, including:
- Publisher: Lyzy Lusterman
- Editor: Adam Perlmutter
- Managing Editor: Kevin Owens
- Senior Editor: Blair Jackson
- Creative Director: Joey Lusterman
- Digital Content Director: Stephanie Campos dal Broi
- Digital Content Manager: Nick Grizzle
- Marketing Services Manager: Tanya Gonzalez
The Acoustic Guitar Podcast theme music is composed by Adam Perlmutter and performed for this episode by Jeffrey Pepper Rodgers.
Thanks to Nick Grizzle and Jeffrey Pepper Rodgers for hosting this episode, to Tanya Gonzalez for producing, and to Joey Lusterman for directing and editing.