Join Eric Johnson and Gretchen Menn for a wide-ranging conversation exploring ego, joy, musical growth, and how to get good tone. (Hint: it’s about a lot more than gear!)
Thanks to ToneWoodAmp for sponsoring this episode. Learn more about their magnetically attached, game-changing multi-effects device for acoustic guitars at tonewoodamp.com — get reverb, delay, and more, no amp required!
- Check out Eric Johnson’s website.
- Read this interview with Eric Johnson, which was the cover story of the February 2017 issue of Acoustic Guitar magazine.
- Check out Gretchen Menn’s website.
- Order a copy of The Way Music Works and Reading Between The Lines: The Acoustic Guitar Guide to Musical Literacy, both by Gretchen Menn.
- Get note-for-note transcriptions to learn to play some of Eric Johnson’s greatest hits.
Support the show:
The Acoustic Guitar Podcast theme music is composed by Adam Perlmutter and performed for this episode by Jeffrey Pepper Rodgers.
This episode is hosted by Nick Grizzle, produced by Tanya Gonzalez, and directed and edited by Joey Lusterman. Executive producers are Lyzy Lusterman and Stephanie Campos Dal Broi.
The Acoustic Guitar Podcast is produced by the team at Acoustic Guitar magazine, including:
- Publisher: Lyzy Lusterman
- Editorial Director: Adam Perlmutter
- Managing Editor: Kevin Owens
- Creative Director: Joey Lusterman
- Digital Content Director: Stephanie Campos Dal Broi
- Digital Content Manager: Nick Grizzle
- Marketing Services Manager: Tanya Gonzalez